1.19.2011

peplum top refashion

I saw this top at a thrift store a while back, and even though pink is not really my color, the interesting construction of the top and the dip-dying really caught my attention, so I got it anyway.  I can do pink if the rest of the details are cool enough!

The original top was much larger with puffy sleeves.  I first cut the sleeves off, following the edge of the raglan sleeve shaping.  Then I took in the sides, stopping the seam just before the peplum thing, and then topstitched over the box-pleat that I just made.  The original top had a peplum, but the pleat made it a lot fuller.  The last thing I did was stitched down what was the seam allowance from the raglan to finish the armholes.


Jeans: City Streets, JCPenny
Sweater: Kohl's, Simply Vera Vera Wang
Hat: Target, Christmas gift
Watch: Target, Christmas gift
Boots: Ross, Banana Republic, birthday gift, from a few years ago


This is my own necklace, made from polymer clay.  He's my own little jellyfish!

1 comment: